- When: Sunday 1 August 2021 at 8:30am to Sunday 1 August 2021 at 4:00pm
- Where: Near Kalamunda (check your web account for details once you have booked) to Near Kalamunda | Section/s: The Darling Range
- Rating: Experienced | Category: Social Sunday Walks
Hewett's Hill Campsite was named after Peter Hewett, a former Superintendent of the Forests Department in the 1970's who was instrumental in giving the idea of the Bibbulmun Track the green light.
The campsite is also the first campsite from the Northern Terminus.
This walk is for fit and experienced walkers only. The pace on this walk is generally faster and the breaks somewhat shorter than intermediate style walks. If you have any doubts please consider booking on an intermediate walk.
The campsite has water and a toilet (byo toilet paper!).
Check what the event rating means for this walk.
Once you have booked, watch for the automated email with instructions on how to download the event information, or see our website help page.
If you choose to make a booking, you agree that you and anyone you are booking for will not attend the event if in the 14 days prior to the event you or they have:
- been unwell
- had contact with a known or suspected case of COVID-19
- respiratory symptoms (even if mild)
- a fever, cough, sore throat and/or shortness of breath
- Your Event Guide/s:
I have always enjoyed the outdoors and now I am excited to be a volunteer guide with the Foundation. I am also a maintenance volunteer and a Board member of the Foundation. Hope to meet you soon.
During the week a mild mannered public servant who will take any opportunity to get out on the Track, it’s a far better existence than my previous life sent deep under the Worlds Oceans - the scenery not great!! I have been walking the Track now for 15 years and have completed a sectional end to end a few years ago I also am a maintenance volunteer for the Mt Cuthbert and Mt Vincent sections.