Leave No Trace is all about promoting and inspiring responsible outdoor travel and recreation through education, research and partnerships. Leave No Trace builds awareness, appreciation and respect for our natural and cultural heritage.
There are several guidelines to follow in order to be a minimal impact walker.
Walkers are kindly asked to adhere to the Leave No Trace Principles and the Code of Campsite when using the Bibbulmun Track.
Remember to leave the Track and its facilities in better condition than you found them. That way you and others will benefit from what the Track has to offer.
If you are travelling in a group of eight or more, please also see the Notice of Intent page.
Please also remember that our forests are at risk of dying from dieback disease.
For more information about using legal vehicle access points to help stop the spread of dieback, see our Track Conditions page. Use only the permitted vehicle access points marked with a red or green car on the official Bibbulmun Track Maps.
Remember, no red/green car = no access.
Please! Do not leave any food anywhere at the Bibbulmun Track campsites.
- Food left behind attracts animals to the site.
- The presence of small animals attracts snakes.
- Food is not secure from animals even when left in tough plastic containers.
- It is inappropriate to feed native animals.
- Food left for any length of time may no longer be safe for human consumption.
If you are not going to eat it, then please carry your food out with you. This includes food in sealed tins and other containers.
Please consider our maintenance volunteers as they have enough to carry without the extra burden.
The seven basic principles of Leave No Trace are:
- Plan ahead and prepare.
- Travel and camp on durable surfaces.
- Dispose of waste properly.
- Leave what you find.
- Minimise campfire impacts.
- Respect wildlife.
- Be considerate of other walkers.
- Groups of eight or more must use tents
- Cook with a fuel stove
- If you must have a fire, keep it small
- Tread softly - you are walking through someone else's home!
- Keep to the Track
- Pack it in, pack it out - there are no bins out there!