It takes money to keep a free resource free! Join the Foundation and aside from receiving a terrific range of benefits, it means that you are part of one of the best long distance walking tracks in the world.
The Track needs friends!
As an incorporated not-for-profit organisation, the Bibbulmun Track Foundation relies upon the generosity of our members and supporters.
The Foundation ensures that WA’s premier walk trail, the Bibbulmun Track, is maintained in world-class condition. Through our Calendar of Events and free information service, we encourage people of all ages and fitness levels to access the Track and discover the delights of bushwalking.
The Foundation also helps to protect the Track and its surrounds from encroaching development, while promoting sustainable tourism to bring economic benefit to the rural communities through which it passes.
Members and volunteers are the life-blood of the Foundation and your support will help to safeguard this precious community resource for future generations. Being a friend of the Bibbulmun Track also brings you a terrific range of benefits.
Benefits of membership
- Knowing that you are part of a group dedicated to protecting the Track for future generations.
- Three editions of the Bibbulmun News magazine a year.
- Member information pack and car sticker.
- Free and discounted events.
- 10% discount on Bibbulmun Track merchandise.
- Free one-on-one trip planning advice service (by email or in person).
- Discounted equipment hire.
- Special offers and discounts with numerous Track related service providers, including accommodation, transport, food and retail operators along the Track.
- Life Members also receive a special certificate, sew-on cloth badge, prize draws, priority invitation to special events and other offers.
- Extra benefits for Walker Friendly Businesses.
The types of membership
- Individual - this is the most common type of membership for individual people. It entitles you to all member benefits.
- Family - is defined as one adult and their partner/spouse and all children from birth until they turn 18.
- Senior - this membership category is for individual seniors who are over 60 years of age and working less than 25 hours per week.
- Senior Plus - for a couple who are both over 60 years of age, working less than 25 hours per week and living at the same address.
- Life Member - any individual can become a life member or upgrade to a life membership. This is available only to individuals.
- Student/concession - this includes any individual who is currently studying full-time, or an individual who holds a current Australian or WA government concession or health care card. Note that a three year membership is not available with this category.
- Affiliated Organisation - for any non-tourism organisation, school or club wishing to be associated with the Foundation to support the Track.
- Walker Friendly Business Program - for businesses along the Track offering accommodation, tours and services who wish to promote their business to walkers. Walker Friendly Business Program members receive a range of extra benefits. To join as a Walker Friendly Business click here.
Three year memberships
Three year memberships are available at a discount rate for the following categories of membership:
- Senior Plus
- Affiliated Organisation
Complete the online form. It's simple and immediate. You will be sent your new membership card and information pack within two working days. Keep an eye on the letterbox!
Phone the Foundation with credit card details between 9am - 4pm Monday to Friday. If you do not have a credit card, contact us for a membership application form to be sent to you. You can then post it back with a cheque or money order.