The Bibbulmun Track is a great way to raise funds for a cause close to your heart and each year a number of people embark on an end-to-end to raise funds for a charity or personal cause.
Here are our Top 5 Tips for your fundraising walk:
- Planning: This is essential - what time of year, how long will it realistically take you, how and where will you resupply etc? (Tip: BTF members receive free one-on-one trip planning advice sessions in person or via email)
- Training: The Bibbulmun Track may not have the mountains of New Zealand or Tasmania – but it’s not a walk in the park! Your level of fitness will determine your success and enjoyment of your hike.
- Gear: You may not need the most expensive gear on the market – but you will appreciate having good gear when it comes to keeping warm and dry (yes – it does get cold at night in the South West!)
- Fundraising: Create a fundraising page on a site such as My Cause or Everyday Hero. Both sites have plenty of tips on how to raise funds and provide you with a profile.
- Donate part-proceeds to the Bibbulmun Track Foundation! Whilst we are always happy to provide advice, encouragement and support to assist you in your fundraising appeal – please consider donating a percentage of your funds to the Foundation. You can link to our profile page on My Cause.
It takes a huge volunteer effort and many thousands of dollars a year to keep the Bibbulmun Track free. It’s not an emotional cause so it is harder to raise funds for the Track than other causes. By donating 5 or 10 per cent of your proceeds to the Track, we can then assist YOU by promoting your efforts to our 2300 members. They in turn, are more likely to support your cause if they know it is also supporting the Track.