8 April 2019
If you are planning a walk over Easter and the School Holidays, in addition to the usual planning you should do for your walk, you will need to take into consideration the following:
- Check which sections have any closures or diversions.
- Check that there are no campfire bans at the campsite you wish to visit. Take and use your fuel stove.
- Do this by checking the Track conditions on the section you are walking by visiting the relevant Section by Section Guide and clicking the Realignments/Diversion tab on our website.
- Large groups will be using some campsites out on the Track. Check these by going to the Section By Section Guide and clicking on the section you would like to walk and then the Groups On Track tab. Avoid these campsites if possible. There will be a large group walking Northcliffe to Walpole.
- Take a tent as space in the shelters cannot be guaranteed.
- Carry a map as well as a guidebook.
- Only access the Track at permitted vehicle access points marked with a red or green car on the official maps. Click for more info and scroll down to Dieback and Bibbulmun Track access.
- Take enough water. If you are only doing day-walks, carry enough for the day and leave the water in the tanks for the long distance walkers.
- Refer to our FAQs and the Trip Planner pages for more information or contact us.