- When: Wednesday 28 February 2024 at 6:00pm to Wednesday 28 February 2024 at 9:00pm
- Where: West Perth (check your web account for details once you have booked) | Section/s:
- Rating: Beginners | Category: Seminars & Workshops
Whether you are a first time walker just learning the ropes or a veteran hiker, expand your culinary repertoire and join Lead Guide and End-to-Ender, Steve Sertis, for a hands-on cooking workshop which is now in its 23rd year!
Have fun learning and preparing tasty recipes along with some innovative ideas for healthy food cooked on a hiking stove with our ever-evolving menu.
Learn how Steve dehydrates some of his own food – and get to try it!
Steve has such a lot of experience and is very generous in sharing his knowledge. Jenny – event participant
The best part of booking an event with us is that all profits go back to the maintenance of the Bibbulmun Track - you should be proud!
- Expert instruction and advice from the Bibb Track specialists.
- Comprehensive notes on preparing food, ingredient ideas, dehydrated versus freeze dried food, the pros and cons of aluminium, stainless steel and titanium pots, and so much more!
- Recipe booklet containing over 60 recipes and so many tips to keep.
- All ingredients to test out the recipes.
- All utensils.
- Fuel stoves to create your culinary delight!
We got to DO so much. 15 dishes cooked and tasted ... that's FUN and real value for money!
Don't forget to check out our other workshops as well.
Once you have booked, watch for the automated email with instructions on how to download the event information, or see our website help page.
Please ensure you have read and understood the booking conditions before you proceed with this booking.
We got to cook and taste soo many dishes. Inspiring! Terena – event participant
Absolutely loved it! Learning about dehydrating food, food prep for hiking and the hands on experience with the trangia was just what I needed to give me an idea of what will work for me out on the track. The people were lovely and Steve did a great job of facilitating the event. Extremely enjoyable. The event had a great feel, and Steve's enthusiasm was refreshing. Loved it! I will definitely sign up as a member again. Kate.
- Your Event Guide/s:
Hi folks. I have been with the Foundation since 1997, when I first joined as a member and maintenance volunteer. I wanted to get involved in the 'new' Track after getting terribly lost on the 'old' Bibbulmun Track. From there I began leading walks and then came on staff in the office in 1999 as Events Manager and Lead Guide. I love walking and have done a few end-to-ends. I really get a kick out of sharing this passion with everyone. I am still a volunteer and look after Nerang Campsite. Come and join me on this event!