- When: Sunday 18 April 2021 at 9:30am to Sunday 18 April 2021 at 2:30pm
- Where: South of Dwellingup (check your web account for details once you have booked) to South of Dwellingup | Section/s: Dwellingup
- Rating: Beginners | Category: Social Sunday Walks
Today's walk begins near a couple of curiously planted trees from the USA. We then ascend steeply through a pine plantation to arrive into the native forest at the top of a hill overlooking the Murray River Valley.
A few more hills and then a decent takes us to the Swamp Oak Campsite. We then head off the Bibbulmun Track along an old forestry track to the Murray River. We return to our cars the same way.
Check out what the event rating means for this walk.
Once you have booked, watch for the automated email with instructions on how to download the event information, or see our website help page.
If you choose to make a booking, you agree that you and anyone you are booking for will not attend the event if in the 14 days prior to the event you or they have:
- been unwell
- had contact with a known or suspected case of COVID-19
- respiratory symptoms (even if mild)
- a fever, cough, sore throat and/or shortness of breath
- Your Event Guide/s:
Hi, Karen here. I have always had a love of walking in the bush, particularly looking at wildflowers, but have only in recent years discovered the Bibbulmun Track. As many have told me, it is addictive and I am now passing on my new found passion by volunteering as a guide. I haven’t walked the entire track yet but my favourite so far is around the Canning River where it amazes me how much the vegetation and soil can change in so short a time. Hope to see you out there soon!
I have always enjoyed the outdoors and now I am excited to be a volunteer guide with the Foundation. I am also a maintenance volunteer and a Board member of the Foundation. Hope to meet you soon.