- When: Sunday 2 August 2020 at 8:30am to Sunday 2 August 2020 at 4:00pm
- Where: Near Kalamunda (check your web profile for details once you have booked) to Near Kalamunda | Section/s: The Darling Range
- Rating: Experienced | Category: Social Sunday Walks
Hewett's Hill Campsite was named after Peter Hewett, a former Superintendent of the Forests Department in the 1970's who was instrumental in giving the idea of the Bibbulmun Track the green light.
The campsite is also the first campsite from the Northern Terminus.
This walk is for fit and experienced walkers only. The pace on this walk is generally faster and the breaks somewhat shorter than intermediate style walks. If you have any doubts please consider booking on an intermediate walk.
The campsite has water and a toilet (byo toilet paper!).
Check what the event rating means for this walk.
If you choose to make a booking, you agree that you and anyone you are booking for will not attend the event if in the last 14 days you or they have:
- been unwell
- had contact with a known or suspected case of COVID-19
- respiratory symptoms (even if mild)
- a fever, cough, sore throat and/or shortness of breath
- Your Event Guide/s:
Hi folks, I have been a member with the Foundation since 1999 and became a volunteer guide after participating in the Walk with Dad event many years ago. See you out there!
In 1999 I read in the Sunday Times an article about the Bibbulmun Track and I walked a section. I joined the Foundation in 2003 and walked solo from North to South between October and November. Since then I have endeavoured to do a major trek every two years. As a guide I hope to encourage others to love the environment.