The Foundation aims to provide its volunteers with appropriate training and support to ensure that they are well prepared to carry out their duties confidently, effectively and efficiently.
Examples of training and support offered:
- Annual Field Days in each DEC district for maintenance volunteers, primarily in order to provide practical training.
- On-track training of volunteer guides with the Events Manager in co-operation with experienced Track guides.
- Extensive, practical guideline manuals/checklists for maintenance volunteers and volunteer guides.
- All staff and current volunteers of the BTF willingly share their knowledge and expertise with new volunteers.
- Personal accident insurance is held by DEC for all registered volunteers.
- Information sessions for Community Events volunteers.
Volunteer rewards and benefits:
DEC and the Bibbulmun Track Foundation recognise, acknowledge and reward the contributions made by their volunteers.
To be eligible for any rewards volunteers must be registered with DEC and must submit their volunteer timesheet to the Volunteer Coordinator at the end of each quarter.
BTF volunteer rewards are sponsored by Mountain Designs.
- 100 hours - Mountain Designs T-shirt plus 15% discount at Mountain Designs for a period of 12 months.
- 300 hours - Mountain Designs T-shirt and mystery reward plus 20% discount at Mountain Designs for a period of 12 months.
- 500 hours - Polartec jacket from Mountain Designs, T-shirt and mystery reward plus 30% discount at Mountain Designs for a period of 12 months.
DEC volunteer rewards
- 20 hours - Thank you letter from Director General, plus 20 % discount voucher at DEC outlets.
- 50 hours - DEC Volunteer park pass*.
- 150 hours - Limited edition WA native species lapel badge.
- 300 hours - $30 DEC voucher.
- 500 hours- Volunteer Pass* plus a Landscope subscription.
*The DEC Volunteer Pass provides free entry for one vehicle and passengers into any WA National Park for 12 months from stamped date of issue.
All rewards are distributed to volunteers, some quarterly, some annually, after the auditing requirements have been met.
The rewards are given for hours accumulated within one financial year.