The Bibbulmun Track Foundation is committed to ensuring high standards of excellence, which has resulted in numerous awards and letters of praise. The organisation is 'not-for profit' and all proceeds support the ongoing maintenance and promotion of the Track.
The Foundation is:
- accredited by the Australian Tourism Accreditation Program
- licensed with the Department of Environment and Conservation (DEC)
- a member of The Forum Advocating Cultural and Eco Tourism (FACET) and the Australian Eco-Tourism Association, and
- has a public liability insurance of $10 million.
The Foundation has an extensive database of over 300 service operators along the Track. Listing on the database is free. Why not request a services database entry form? Businesses on the database will be offered the opportunity to be included in future editions of the Bibbulmun Track Accommodation and Services Guide (free listing!). The Guide is available for sale from the Bibbulmun Track Foundation, DEC outlets, equipment stores and visitors centres along the Track.
Service operators on our services database also receive a copy of the Bibbulmun Tourism Telegraph. Produced every three months, this newsletter outlines Bibbulmun Track-related tourism news and gives you the opportunity to promote your own activities within the industry.
Become an affiliated organisation and receive the following benefits:
The same as for all other membership categories, plus:
- A certificate valid for one year acknowledging your membership.
- The use of our special affiliated member logo, supplied electronically upon request (conditions apply).
- A FREE listing (and link to your website if you have one) on the Bibbulmun Track website's Track Town pages or the affiliated organisation page.
- One FREE 1/6 page advertisement in Bibbulmun News magazine when you become an affiliated organisation. Bibbulmun News has a circulation of over 2,500 and is issued three times a year.
- A listing in at least one edition of Bibbulmun News annually, with contact details and discounts offered to members if applicable.
- 50% off the standard rate of advertising in Bibbulmun News
- A FREE highlighted entry in the Bibbulmun Track Guide to Accommodation & Services.
- The best possible exposure of your brochures in the Bibbulmun Track Foundation office.
Membership is only $100 per annum for businesses. You can join online.
Bibbulmun Walking Breaks
Bibbulmun Walking Breaks, winner of the 2002 "Jaguar Award for Excellence" (Gourmet Traveller), are pack-free, self-guided walking and accommodation packages which include a choice of accommodation, food, transfers to the start of each walk, map and walk notes for a range of day walk options. There is no cost for operators to be involved in this scheme, just a 10% commission fee on bookings. Want to know more?
How our events benefit Perth & south-west businesses
The award winning Events Calendar, which is published twice yearly, encourages people of all ages to experience the Track through a wide range of events. These include ‘Ramble and Paddle’, a walking and canoeing weekend in Dwellingup, and the ‘Balingup Explorer’, an introduction to do-it-yourself overnight bushwalking in the beautiful yet challenging Blackwood area. These events, as well as our group activities, use a number of local businesses for meals and refreshments, adventure activities, accommodation and transport.
The Foundation also tailor-makes packages for walking groups and conducts an 8-day 'Highlights of the Bibbulmun Track' itinerary and a 'Bibbulmun & Beyond' itinerary which incorporate many accommodation providers, restaurants and attractions in the towns along the Track.
A wide range of merchandise including special day packs, water bottles, clothing, maps and guidebooks are available, retail or wholesale, from the Bibbulmun Track Foundation. These can be purchased as individual items or as part of a tailor-made package.